Friday, April 1, 2011

Swapping Faces Project



1. What do you think you were meant to learn during this unit and did it work?
 I learned about replacing the face and other various body parts from one photo into another. It actually taught me a bit how magazines will make certain edits to their photos, such as shading certain parts of the body, toning the body more, etc. to make the photo (and really, the model or whoever is in the photo) look more... well, photogenic. Though I don't always agree with this method, it was quite interesting, and I liked this project a lot. I thought it was quite funny :)
2. Did anything take longer than you thought it would?
Making the skin tones match was somewhat difficult, mainly in the first photo though because the man's skin tone had more magenta and cyan, whereas the girl had more yellow in hers.
3. Of what are you most proud?
I'm actually pretty proud of the second photo... Granted, it was easy, but I thought this was a funny idea.
4. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate this project?
I'd give this project an 8. A good starter project for the class, simple and teaches you some basic Photoshop techniques.
5. How is the class going in general?
I'm really happy I switched in this Photoshop class, and I'm very excited to continue learning how to work this program. It's also a very nice way to end the day. 

1 comment:

  1. oh, yay! i'm glad it's a nice way to end the day!

    nice project. i love your baby face. it's one of the most seamless swapping faces examples i've ever seen. great first project!

    on the tutorial version, part of the chin is a little too soft, i'd say, but besides that small point, that's a very strong image, as well.

    nice job.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 95
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 99

    ReplyDelete